We creating the first version, we took off the gear collector from our competition robot. We later rebuilt the robot by making it smaller and redesigning the mounting for the cannons. We used lawn sprinkler valve to control the airflow, black iron pipe to store air before shooting. This prevent air pressure to be stored in the PVC. We added PVC pipes to create cannons held and shot the marshmallows along with some pneumatic. Toilet paper was used to make a good seal against the walls of the PVC pipe because without it the air would escape through the marshmallows. We later replaced the toilet paper with fabric. We later added a string so one end was attached to the robot and another end was attached to the robot. We made this change so we can reuse the fabric to prevent losing it after each shot. We coded the robot used pneumatic in Java. As of 2017, The marshmallows or candy can be launched about 8 feet. We also added LED's inside the robot.
Check out our media page for more photos of this robot!
Check here or follow us on twitter (@frc6201) for upcoming events!